HOW TO CLEAN OUT YOUR JAR:
P.F. Candle Co.
Patchouli Sweetgrass Candle
A windows-open, incense-burning Saturday with nowhere to be. Cream, sweetgrass, and smoke.
The 12.5 oz Large Candles are hand-poured into apothecary inspired amber jars with our signature kraft label and a brass lid. Meant for big rooms, spaces with high ceilings, and those who want a stronger scent throw. Burns for 60-70 hours. 3.6” in diameter and 3.75” in height.
Our candles are simple: they're all made with 100% domestically-grown soy wax, fine fragrance oils, and cotton-core wicks. The fragrances we use are paraben-free, phthalate-free, and are never (ever) tested on animals.
HOW TO USE
Following candle care helps to ensure product quality + longevity. We highly recommend following each of the following steps:
- Trim your candle's wick to 1/4" before each lighting or once your candle has cooled.
- Never attempt to trim a burning candle.
- Discard the snipped portion in the trash; never leave wick trimmings in your candle jar.
- The wick should always remain centered and away from the sides of the vessel.
- Allow the wax to melt to the edges of the jar during each burn to prevent tunneling.
- Once the candle's gone, we hope you'll re-use it. Clean it out and you've got a new planter or pencil holder – or whatever you want! Click for tips on reusing your empties.
Safety first - because candles burn and contain a small flame, so we encourage following these common sense rules of thumb:
- Never leave a candle burning unattended, near a draft, or in reach of children or pets.
- Don't burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Do not allow your wick to curl over, as this can create a larger than normal flame.
- Stop burning your candle when only 1/4" of wax remains.
- Do not pick up a burning candle or immediately after it's been blown out.
- Protect the surface underneath the candle no matter the material.
*The entire P.F. collection is vegan, cruelty-free, and phthalate-free — always. All of our candles are made with 100% domestically-grown soy wax.
Wondering what to do with those empties?
Reuse them! We love repurposing our packaging as planters, vases, storage, and to propagate!
Pop your candle jar in the oven at its lowest setting until any remaining wax melts. Carefully remove the jar from the oven to pour the wax into the trash, pop out the wick holder using a spoon or fork, and wipe the insides of the jar clean with a cloth. Hand wash, rinse, and dry.
Place your candle into the freezer until the remaining wax hardens, then carefully chip out and throw away the wax using a spoon, being sure to remove the wick holder as well. Use a cloth to wipe the insides of the jar clean, hand wash, rinse, and dry.
If you’re reusing your candle jar as a planter, add some small rocks for drainage to the bottom before adding soil. For Sunset candles, you can use a drill to carefully create a drainage hole.
FOR DIFFUSERS, SUNSET INCENSE, AND ROOM SPRAY BOTTLES:
Just hand wash, rinse, and dry! Reed diffuser and room spray bottles are great for propagating! Just fill with water and add your cuttings.
Note: Vessels should be hand washed before reuse and not placed inside dishwashers. We do not suggest using candle jars or any P.F. packaging for reuse as food storage or drinkware.